1:35,133 scale with shaded relief and 40- and 50-foot contours.
22.5" X 28", folds to 3.75" x 9.5" Double-sided.
Published by Pease Press.
Paper (not waterproof):
This is a complete map of parks and beaches from Daly City and Pacifica south past Half Moon Bay. The new edition stretches eastward to show half a dozen parks along the crest of the Santa Cruz Mountains, and foothills parks overlooking San Bruno, San Carlos, Woodside and Redwood City.
• second-growth redwoods in Purisima Creek Redwoods and El Corte de Madera Creek Preserves
• diverse coastal scrub habitat on Montara Mountain, McNee Ranch, and Rancho Corral de Tierra
• stately oak and madrone woodlands in Huddart and Wunderlich Parks
• flowery grasslands at San Bruno Mountain and Edgewood Park.
• Coastside Trail bike path, Devils Slide Trail, and Cowell-Purisima Trail
• Historic sites at Sanchez Adobe, San Francisco Bay Discovery Site, Old Woodside Store
• How to get to (or near) the parks by car, bike, foot, and public transit.
As on all our maps, trails are color-coded to show bike, hiking, and equestrian trails, plus bike paths.
This map is the long-awaited 2nd edition of our Trails of the Coastside map, but it covers so much new ground we had to give it a better name. It also replaces the limited edition photocopy map,Trails of the Coastside we published from 2015-2017. That map showed from Mussel Rock to Francis Beach, and was a test-bed for shaded relief and showing the latest trails. For the same price (and quite a bit less hand labor!) this new map shows three times the area of the interim map. We're printing it in small batches so (like with the interim map) we can update the fast-changing trail network every few years.
AVAILABLE LOCALLY (as of 2019
San Francisco: Bookshop West Portal, Swell Bicycles, Bird & Beckett, Dog Eared Books, The Green Arcade,
Christopher Books, Lands End Lookout, Green Apple
Pacifica: Florey's Books, Traveler, San Pedro Valley Park (weekends)
Half Moon Bay: Coastside Books
San Mateo: B Street Books
The north map covers from Fort Funston south to Pillar Point, including San Bruno Mtn, Sweeney Ridge, Montara Mth, San Pedro Point, and GGNRA's new Rancho Corral de Tierra. That's Coyote Point Recreation Area at far right.
The south map covers from Moss Beach south to Martins Beach, and includes the Coastal Trail, Purisima Creek Redwoods and El Corte de Madera Creek Preserves (many purple multi-use trails!) Huddart and Wunderlich Parks, and several little gems east of Hwy 280.
Above is a detail of Pillar Point Harbor, plus the edge of Pillar Point Bluffs and Quarry Park in El Granada. The two maps overlap here.